Community vigilance down to the purok level has been the foundation on how Bohol tourism will emerge unscathed despite the challenges.
The province faced a setback following the incursion of Abu Sayyaf Group into Bohol causing anxiety and panic not just with the locals but with visitors as well.
Little by little, the provincial government has seen an upturn on the tourist arrivals, hoping the tourist arrivals will get boosted in the months to come.
Gov. Edgar Chatto acknowledged the role of the community and its vigilance in helping the security forces in repelling what could have been a horrible episode involving terror activities in Bohol.
The support of the community in heightening the preparedness as it will also continue the flow of visitors to our province.
Last week, Department of Tourism Assistant Sec Ricky Alegre lists Bohol, together with Palawan and Boracay as the top local destination for tourists.
Alegre said the country averaged 600,000 tourists monthly.
He said, on the average, 400,000 Korean tourists arrive in the country every month.
The DOT also noticed an increase in Chinese tourist arrivals in the country following the state visit of President Duterte in China.
On Friday, the province together with tourism stakeholders conducted a Tourism Summit.
The summit aims to identify the problems and to find solutions for them. Participants were discussing for solutions, effects, challenges and concerns in the local tourism industry.